Author Topic: Airport Lounges  (Read 128 times)

Offline 7eric7

• Retired Legend
    • View Profile
    • http://fc-utd.co.uk/devfund/
Airport Lounges
« on: June 13, 2017, 10:30:39 AM »
Only ever used one years ago on a flight to Singapore when we had access at Manchester as part of the package we had booked, as we fly at 11pm back from Cape Town next year I'm considering it, we could get up to the airport and have a shower and chill for a bit before the flight but it would be 48 for the two of us.
Anybody used them at all?
NORTHERN PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2014-2015

Offline granby

• Retired Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Airport Lounges
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 02:09:16 AM »
not personally
but i know a few that have, but they where short haul, and used them to get pleasantly pissed  :P
Evertonians are born not manufactured,
 we do not choose we are chosen,
 those who understand do not need explanation,
 those who don\'t understand don\'t matter.
 NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

Offline Panja

• Global Moderator
  • Retired Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 02:30:17 AM »
When you fly in transit on an international flight from Chiang Mai you automatically get given a pass for the Bangkok Airways lounge. This I did not know at the time but was pleasantly surprised, particularly as the departures lounge was full of very noisy Chinese people, and you have no idea what that is like until you have experienced first hand, it truly is a nightmare.

So now every time I fly on an international route from home I pay the 1,000bt (about 22 quid) to be able to sit in the quiet and the comfort and out of earshot of the mad people from Kunming, Hangzhou, Shanghai and Guangzhou.   

Offline Paul

• Retired Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 19:32:35 PM »
the departures lounge was full of very noisy Chinese people, and you have no idea what that is like until you have experienced first hand, it truly is a nightmare.

Sounds like going shopping at Bicester Village.

Offline pinkeye

• Retired Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 19:57:44 PM »
I like an airport lounge.

Only if I have a long wait between flights, I would not in a million years head out from home early to get to the airport in order to sit in the lounge though, that said I am only 15 minutes drive from Newcastle Airport and I can time my arrival quite accurately, if I was traveling to somewhere like Manchester I might be tempted to give myself an hour or two extra in case of traffic, if I arrived in plenty of time I would go into the lounge for a little drinkies....
Josephs Dad.
Hannahs Dad.

Offline granby

• Retired Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 02:46:00 AM »
the departures lounge was full of very noisy Chinese people, and you have no idea what that is like until you have experienced first hand, it truly is a nightmare.

Sounds like going shopping at Bicester Village.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumb:
Evertonians are born not manufactured,
 we do not choose we are chosen,
 those who understand do not need explanation,
 those who don\'t understand don\'t matter.
 NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

Offline Panja

• Global Moderator
  • Retired Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 02:48:06 AM »
A mate of mine over here travels business class every time he goes anywhere and is always posting pictures of glasses of champagne or the flat bed he's about to lounge in on the aircraft. Being a working class boy and always careful with my money, no matter how much I have or haven't got, I could never do this, because the thought of spending a quarter of a million baht for an eleven hour flight when I could sit in the back for 15,000 is a no brainer to me. My mate posts the pics of the champagne with the caption "complimentary drinks before the flight". Erm, no, you've spent 230,000 baht more than the bloke looking through the glass window at you thinking "what a dick"..